Thursday, June 16, 2005

What is "right"?

I've been reading an interesting book - an autobiography of one man's ongoing conversation with God. From what I can tell, this guy 'was' what could be referred to as a Fundamentalist Christian; however, in this conversation from God, he gets his noodle shaken quite a bit. I like the book because it's honest, and really causes anyone who reads it to either throw it away as blasphemy, or to truly consider what it is that God is saying when He speaks to us - whether in our hearts, through others, or even from the Scriptures.
I have also been having another interesting conversation on another Blog, regarding the new Star Wars. I definitely have a different opinion than the host, and I hope I've not offended them in my attempt to engage in meaningful debate.
I don't know why, but I very seldom can take things for face value. I guess it's the 'Thinker' in me that causes me to search for meaning in most of what Life brings my way. It's almost automatic now, where a chance occurrence will happen and I'll think something 'profound'. I don't seem to have any more 'chance occurrences'. Why would God do that? Is not the purpose of our lives to seek Him, to become like Him? Isn't that what He's continually calling us to - to experience an ever greater revelation of Love? I tell you, it really gives my, life meaning! :)

This is what my experience has lead me to believe: there is always more to something than what meets the eye. There is always an 'Higher Purpose' to everything - there's no such thing as 'chance'.

So, there are some of my deep thoughts for the day. I hope it inspires!

J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home