Friday, April 29, 2005

Issues of Latent Anger

Once, when I was telling a few friends some of the odd things that I find humorous, they told me I might need counseling for some latent anger issues. They may be right... but I'm not the only one who thinks they're funny - it's in Hollywood, now!

There are several times when I will cheer in a movie when someone, who deserves to get beat (up) - and does - but, probably shouldn't b/c of their gender and/or age. For example, in the movie Dodgeball, when Joe's team is in their first match, and he hit's that girl right in the gut... I was like, "YEAHH!!!" The people I was with just kinda looked at me, as if I was weird. But, that was meant to be funny! Another example that I just watched in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, is when Jude Law punches Gwenneth Paltrow in the face to knock her out, so she wouldn't follow him into danger. I thought that was funny - I laughed out loud! I mean, he didn't hurt her really; and, if it was a guy of equal size and stature, we would think, "How noble of Jude, protecting his friend." But, because it was a woman, it's taboo. And, because it's taboo, when it's in the movie, it's comedy - that's the whole point of it all... it was supposed to be funny!

I tend to have very little pity for women and children. Perhaps I'm a product of the equality movements that have been lauded through society my entire life. If 'lesser' people want to be treated equally - as I believe everyone should be - then let it be. I see it as living life according to the "Golden Rule": Treat others like you'd like to be treated.
So, if someone is hurting, I'm not going to be coldhearted - I do believe in being compassionate. But, if someone's whining to me about their plight because they aren't being treated like a child, or if they're not being treated like the princess their parents did, I tend not to be sympathetic.

So, next time you're in a theatre, and a man and woman are fighting; and, when the guy decks the girl, and you hear someone in the theatre laughing - it's me... or someone like me.

Here's to women's lib, and anger latency!! :D

1 Comments:

At 4/30/2005 9:16 a.m., Blogger Zorro! said...

Hey boy,you made me feel I'm not alone in making funny expressions of my thoughts!-blessings

 

Post a Comment

<< Home