Thursday, September 30, 2004

New Train

Ok, so I lost that train of thought... it's been a few days, and I just can't get back into that same space. It'll come back, tho - I'm sure of it.

After talking about the oddities of the whole "Dating Game", my roommate and I decided that it would be just as good if we adopted a son. There are 4 of us guys living together in a smallish house, and we all have differing schedules; so, I'm sure we could pull it off. This whole idea came about out of frustration w. women, but the desire to be fathers.... so, here's the solution.
Tho, should any of us ever marry, we'd probably have the world's most dysfunctional family. The boy would have 4 dads, whom would have split custody, and one Mom who'd have to be at least slightly odd to fall in love w. a guy who's fathering an adopted child w. 3 other men. When that happens, we were thinking of moving into a duplex, or maybe buying some land, and just building houses as the need arose. Could you imagine it? This little commune of 4 couples all sharing one son!!
I told you I was odd!!!

But, if we did go ahead w. this adoption idea, our dateless days would be numbered! Chicks would eat up the whole 'single dad' bit... until they found out we weren't really single dads :-s
Yeah... sometimes I even shake my head at myself. Demented, isn't it!?

But, you know what? This is the core of possibility thinking.... "What if?" I mean, sure it's completely daft to be thinking about 4 20-something guys adopting a kid; but, what if we did? I mean, anything is really possible. I believe it's good practice to use your imagination to create different 'realities' for your future. It gives you the ability to plan and to visualize what you want to do when you begin a project. It's good practice in goal-setting and planning.
Go ahead, give it a try.... it doesn't really matter how insane your idea is, just play it out in your imagination. Remember how you did that, then, when you have a project, goal or plan that you want to accomplish, do the same thing. Make a mental movie of how it's going to turn out - picture yourself succeeding. Try to stick w. the plan, but don't be totally dismayed if it doesn't turn out exactly as you pictured it - things rarely do at first.
But, the more we learn in life, the better we'll be able to direct these mental movies, and the better we'll be able to build our own futures. Read that book - 7 Habits of Highly Effective People... good stuff.

OK, I'm done gabbin for a bit.... Food for Thought!

J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home