Saturday, July 09, 2005

Prayer(lessness)

The Voice that I once heard so clearly seems to have vanished. Actually, that's not true. The Voice I can hear, it's the Presence that I no longer feel. He seems to have gone on vacation, or something; and, in the business of life, I neglected to wish Him a good trip. I hope He returns soon.

I came to a realization tonight. I have, over the course of several months, and in my search for Truth, turned God into a projection of myself. And, that is exactly what I was looking for! However, it's a backwards view of Who God is.... He is not a projection of myself, or us, but we are a projection of Him!
It's the backward thinking (God is part of us) that leads us astray, when searching for Truth. I think we do taste the Truth at first, knowing that we are a part of Him, but in our "me first" world, it's so easy to turn it all around. Oh, how I've been swept up in the futility of making my own truth - for, that's what we all try to do. We live in a time of relativism - where absolutes are non-existent.
However, the Absolute still remains. Nothing we do, say, think, or believe changes the Absolute - that's what makes It Absolute, I guess (grins sheepishly).

So, what does that mean if I can't feel His Presence right now? Because God doesn't change.... so, does that mean the change is in me? Of course! Like I said earlier, I have moved from the course of Truth, and began pursuing a truth that is of myself, my own little world again. God help me!
It's crazy how we all think that our personal selves are the be-all and the end-all. No wonder our society, based so much on this independence, is imploding!

Lord, open my ears once again to Your Voice - let me feel Your Presence once more. Lead me back onto the path of Truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home