Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Winding Down

You know when you're reading a book, and you can't wait to read what comes next? But, you can't just skip ahead! No! You might miss something! But, the suspense is driving you mad!
That's what my life is like, right now. I want to be finished this chapter of my life. I want to start the next one; but, I can't.
The next chapter isn't quite ready to be written, and the ending has yet to be finished on the current chapter. Oh, that I had a bit more patience.

See, it'd be simple if I was just switching jobs; but, I'm not. I'm moving into the nebulous world of Self-employment. I've been there before, and I didn't fair well.... but, that was over 5 years ago. Things are different now... right?
Well, I do have a good bunch of guys to work with, and from the looks of things the compensation is such that I should be able to work when I want to. Plus, I think I'm going to like this new line of work.
But, in order to start this new business, I actually have to get educated. There are a series of tests that I must pass. I took one a few weeks ago, but didn't make the grade (for the 1st time in my life, I didn't pass an exam!); so, I write again this weekend. I took a practice exam last night and scored an 80%, so I'm feeling fairly confident - still time for some more last-minute studying, tho!

I love where this job is leading. It's leading to more time at home - I am looking forward to spending more time with my wife! Plus, I'm a major fish-head: I have 9 aquariums on the go now, have plans for 5 more!
It's great to have a carrier that'll fund your fun!

So...

As this chapter in life winds down, I am anxiously awaiting something new. I CAN HARDLY WAIT!

4 Comments:

At 8/31/2006 4:20 p.m., Blogger Jenn said...

I love looking ahead, dreaming, wishing, thinking, but I've lost so much by constantly wishing for the future. I try to (and usually do) look forward to my daily grind, to the little things each day that I enjoy doing that outweigh the things that I must do that day.

There's my two bits today, I'm going to go make you some bread now. Love you!

 
At 9/01/2006 1:28 p.m., Blogger Nietzsche's Girl said...

I love that part of life! Just being excited for what's to come. It's like when you read a novel. Problem is, do you ever read those novels that are SO good that you can't finish them?! They're just too good, and you simply MUST put them down. Sometimes I wonder if life is like that too...

 
At 9/01/2006 1:33 p.m., Blogger J Man said...

Ali, I'm reading one of those books right now - check a few posts back.

 
At 9/02/2006 3:39 a.m., Blogger kanadians in korea said...

aww your wife makes you bread??? that's so nice! :) i used to make it for trent when we lived in canada. anyway, have fun at home getting into 'self employment.' really you could work anywhere in the world once you're self employed! God bless. em.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home