Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Am I going to Heaven?

I've been thinking about the "Freedom" offered by the traditional Christian Church. For the most part, I don't think the Christian religion offers "Freedom" in the sense that I understand it to be - it just offers a bigger cage than normal life. The reason I say this is that I don't believe anyone really understands the True teachings of Jesus - I don't even think Paul (writer of the majority of the Bible's New Testament) totally grasped what Jesus spoke about.
Which brings me to the question of the hour... am I going to Heaven when I die? Are the people I share my beliefs going to Heaven? Are the people who don't share them? Well, according to most in the traditional Christian church - who seem to be the interpreters of the Bible who determine who goes to Heaven or not - I'm safe; however, God's going to be disappointed with me should I head up there now. From what I've heard, He'll look at me and say how disappointed He is in me for what I've done with my life over the last year or so; but, since I believe in His Son, He has to let me in.

I've never been able to grasp the idea of 'disappointing' God, or letting Him down, or making Him angry. He's God. Why should what I do affect Him in any way. That's not to say I think He doesn't care. I believe His One Joy is to reveal Himself to us... to show us how great we can be... to lead us into His Glory. It's been my experience that should we 'miss the mark' with Him, He just offers us the same opportunity time and again, until we get it 'right'. We exist - His design - for the evolution of our souls... for us to attain the greatness of Christ. That's why He gave His Spirit to us. That's why He's continually talking to us in that still, small voice - and, He speaks to everyone! All we have to do is listen.

So, is this attentive ear the key to the Pearly Gates? Who knows?

8 Comments:

At 7/27/2005 11:08 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn Jay...

that really made me think for a minute...or five there. I thought the internet was all about sports scores and email...Good read

Rob Parks...
oh and RSVP for the Wedding Dealie...hey where ya registered anyway?

 
At 7/28/2005 11:59 a.m., Blogger J Man said...

If you're looking to pick up a pre-picked gift, you can check out Sears! Looking forward to having you join us on that wonderful day!

 
At 7/28/2005 6:58 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

how far you have come from the days of...

'my friend without pants would like a burger.'

now that story needs to be told to the world!

 
At 7/28/2005 10:01 p.m., Blogger J Man said...

Ah, yes. I do believe that was our first ski trip together, wasn't it? They say, "no shirt, no shoes - no service," but they never mention anything about pants!

Maybe we should have an open mic time? However, Rob, you and Cam only get to tell 2 stories each... and, try not to embarass me too much!

 
At 7/28/2005 11:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

See J, I would do that, but I think every story that may embarrass you woul equally embarrass me. Or did you forget the Kokanee can incident in Sherwood Park.

All I can say is thank goodness it was a Supercan.

 
At 7/28/2005 11:26 p.m., Blogger J Man said...

I think there are even pictures of that Supercan!!

 
At 7/29/2005 9:41 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

noooooooooooo

all i can say is that would be frightening slide show

 
At 9/22/2005 6:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man this looks like more info than MOMMA can handle..lol lol but gee feel free to expand on those stories..........M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home