Friday, March 23, 2007

Almost Embarrassed to say....

I love Yahoo! Launchcast player! The first thing I do when I get to work is to turn on my Yahoo! Radio player. It plays everything I like, and even suggests some songs and artists that I might enjoy. I usually do.

But, there are 2 artists that I am pretty embarrassed to admit that I am really enjoying. See, I rarely like anything newer than 1995 (unless the artist has been around a while) - I love classic rock! Sure these 2 artists are Canadian, so you can say I'm just supporting our country's gift to music (don't worry, neither is Celine Dion!). But...

Ok, I admit... I really enjoy Alanis Morisette and Avril Lavigne.

They have similar sounds and lyrics - both are quite bold and sing about how they want to kick life in the ass. YEAH!!! You see, the reason I like these chicks is because they represent a new generation of classic rockers. Yes, I know that CLASSIC generally means older (hey, Alanis was around in the 80's -shudder- and Avril was born in the 80's - does that count?), but it's the sound and feel of their music that really gets me.
So, I'll swallow my Jagged Little Pill and continue to let these ladies' music get Under My Skin.

Rock on, Ladies!

4 Comments:

At 3/23/2007 12:20 p.m., Blogger Jenn said...

I have to say that at one point in my life, there was nothing that I enjoyed vacuuming to better than Alanis. Alas, I have none of her albums...perhaps I've just discovered what to get you for your birthday this year? Along with a gift card for Marble Slab Creamery?

 
At 3/23/2007 1:02 p.m., Blogger J Man said...

Since getting into Launchcast at work, I have been soooo into music. I'd really like an MP3 player w. tonnes of space. There are so many albums I've been wanting.
Unfortunately, fish money has to be spent on fish.... How to get music money....?

 
At 3/23/2007 4:37 p.m., Blogger Nietzsche's Girl said...

Hey J, I have to say that, unfortunately, I'll pass on your $7 haircut. I mean, it sounds fun and all... but I might just have to pay $70 to fix it!

Maybe next time!

 
At 3/23/2007 4:37 p.m., Blogger Nietzsche's Girl said...

Steal it!
Hold the fish ransom!
Return them to the pet store, saying they're making things in the room fly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home