Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Liquid Courage

I have been ridiculed many a time for my love of beer. There are quite a few people who've counted me out because of my love for this beautiful creation - yes, I totally agree with Friar Tuck in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - beer is from God! I LOVE BEER!

The biggest thing I like about beer is the taste. There are so many different beers out there, and there are so many tastes! Tonight, I am indulging in Alexander Kieth's Red Amber Ale (thank you, Colin!) which is different than most dark beers. It has a nice rich flavor, but isn't as think as most Red beer. I think I'll have another, since I'm chatting w. a friend - tho typing is becoming increasingly difficult...

I am really typing this for 2 reasons. 1) to get into the habit of blogging again.

2) The real reason is that I have an AMAZING wife! She, unlike many 'Christians' understands my love of this beautiful drink. When we were at a couples' retreat, we volunteered to be a couple to guess a series of questions about each other - we have been married for 4yrs, which was far behind the next couple's time married (I think it was around 10yrs). When asked, "What is your husband's favorite food?" Jenn answered, "Beer!" Oh, how she knows her man!!!!

It's one thing to love the Malt Drink; but, it's something completely different to be married to someone who understands her husband's enjoyment/plight!
Thank God I have a wife who loves me and understands me! Life, even though I don't really understand it most of the time, is Good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home