Wednesday, January 27, 2010

So Much To Do... Only 4 Days At A Time

So, I was looking over some of the links I have on the side. Only a few of the blogs have been kept up - most don't even exist anymore! Today is Day 1 of 4 days off I have this week, and it's already full of stuff to do! I've gotta clean up some equipment because we're making more wine today! I've got enough kits to make up to 420 bottles! If I can find enough bottles (and space), I may just make them all this year!

Making wine is fun. I have a couple good friends who enjoy it as well, so we make an afternoon or evening out of it. Actually, the making of wine isn't that exciting - most steps take less than 30min of actual work, then it sits... But, knowing what will come, though, is well worth the process! I've made 2 batches so far, and both have been great! In fact, people keep asking me if there's any more of the Peach Zinfandel left - "it's SOOO GOOD!" I'm not a white wine fan, and I don't really like peach flavor, so I'm definitely inclined to give it all away; unfortunately, Jenn really wants to keep some - being pregnant, she's got to wait a while before she can taste it.
I've got a Borolo on the go, and today, we'll probably start a Red Zinfandel and/or Merlot. I may need to borrow a carboy or two from a friend, and get a couple other friends who have equipment to help to start pitching in!

From what it looks like, today is the only day I have to do just stuff. Tomorrow is filled up, Friday may have some spare time in the early part of the day, and Saturday is plumb full!

So, I'm thinking it may actually be a while before I write anything deep. I'm thinking Alex is ready for a bath, and the fish need feeding! 'Til next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home