Sunday, February 14, 2010

Random Encounters




Have you ever had a Random Divine Encounter? You know, some time when God makes Himself undeniably evident out of the blue?

I want to share a time when this happened to me several years ago.

I was at a conference at our church and when it was wrapped up, my best friend and I decided to head to one of our favorite Whyte ave haunts. We had to park a bit away and on the walk to the restaurant a man stopped us asking for money - a common occurance on a Friday night in that area. Of course, we did what most people do and said, "Sorry, I don't have any change."
About 3 steps past I was arrested by God. I had this overwhelming sense that He was saying, "You have money! Give him some!" All I had was a stack of 20's... you don't give a beggar $20! But, the voice inside was loud and clear.
So, I stopped, told my friend to hold on, and called to the guy. I gave him a 20 and he held his hand out to shake mine to say "Thanks."

This is where the Encounter happened....

He pulled me into a hug and said over and over again, "Love her; just love her."
Walking back to my friend, he says, "What was that?!"
I asked what he saw (he has an ability to see things in the spiritual realm) and he said he saw a beam of light shine from the sky and explode around the guy and myself as he hugged me.

I believe an angel stepped into that beggar to deliver a message from God that would forever change the course of my life. And, change my life it did....

That night, I decided I'd marry my wife.



In my experience, there is no greater thing than knowing that God is near - active and interested in my life. To deny your spirit is to deny the greatest aspect of Life itself. Whenever I hear the song at the top by Burton Cummings, I hope and pray that people everywhere will have a Divine Encounter, and experience the Love of God. There is nothing better!

1 Comments:

At 2/14/2010 7:40 p.m., Anonymous Jenn said...

...and I'm so glad you did!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home