Tuesday, January 25, 2005

More to Life

I love how music inspires! I'm often on the phone at work, yet, as I work, I have one headphone in my ear as I talk to someone on the phone, listening to music. Do I find it distracting? Sometimes. But, for the most part, I do find it inspiring - I'm listening to music as I type right now.
I used to just listen to music right from the speakers, but my coworker - who loves music - finds that it takes him somewhere else, and cannot do his work. I think that's why I listen to music while I work - it does take me somewhere else. I'm not anchored down here in my chair, but, in my soul, I can soar with the Lord as he sings to my heart, both thru Christian & Worship songs, and other songs that are popular in the secular world.
Today, I want to share a great worship song: Robin Mark's When It's All Been Said And Done.


When it's all been said & done
There is just one thing that matters
Did I do my best to live for Truth
Did I live my life for You?


When it's all been said & done
All my treasures will mean nothing
Only what I've done for Love's reward
Will stand the test of time.


Lord Your mercy is so great!
That You look beyond our weakness
And find purest gold in miry clay
Making sinners into saints


I will always sing Your praise
Here on earth and ever after
For You've shown me Heaven's my true home
When it's all been said and done,
You're my life when life is gone


When it's all been said & done
There is just one thing that matters
Did I do my best to live for Truth
Did I live my life for You?
Lord, I live my life for You.


********************************************

I remember the first time I heard this song. It gripped my heart. I love how it speaks of something greater in life than just ourselves. I am finding more and more, that if I am the only reason to live, then I may as well not. But, whenever there is a purpose to life that is beyond myself, my heart rises up, and I find True Life! I mean, isn't that what Love is? Giving to something or someone beyond ourselves?
Another reason why I love this song, is because it's got quite the Celtic sound - it was recorded live at a festival called "Revival In Belfast". If you're out and about, I recommend picking this album up - or I think there are some online bookstores that are selling it for cheap ($10 or less). It doesn't sound like everything else that is out there, but has a unique sound that I find refreshing.

Bless you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home